Your membership provides a voice and opportunity to leverage professional education and advocacy opportunities to improve the health of Alaskans.
- Discount at the Alaska Health Summit ($74 value)
- Year round subscription to Alaska Health Policy Review (view archived issues free) ($850 value)
- Year round subscription to the ALPHA Newsletter
- Communication about upcoming events and advocacy issues
- Influence health policy – participate in development, adoption and use of Resolutions to influence health policy
- Leadership opportunities- serve on the Board of Directors and committees
- Eligibility for awards of recognition for outstanding public health professionals
Annual Membership Dues
Membership is for one year from the date of joining and is renewable.
- Individual Members: $55/Year
- Student and Retired Members: $20/Year
- Organizational Members: $125-275/Year *Based on Annual Budget
ALPHA is on Facebook
In the Alaska Public Health Association 2008 membership survey, respondents indicated that the thing they appreciated most about ALPHA was the opportunity to connect with colleagues. Recognizing that the organization provided few opportunities besides the Health Summit for those connections to be made, the Board decided to facilitate the interaction by establishing an ALPHA Group on Facebook. Here is how you can meet your colleagues from across the state:
- Current Facebook users who are ALPHA or American Public Health Association members can search for the ALPHA (Alaska Public Health Association) group on Facebook. Type ‘ALPHA – Alaska Public Health Association’ into the search field after you have logged onto Facebook and click search. One of the links should take you to our Facebook group. Go to the ALPHA Facebook group »
- If you are not yet a Facebook user but you are a current ALPHA or APHA member and would like to connect with members of the ALPHA Facebook group, you must create a Facebook account first and then follow the previous instructions.
The Facebook ALPHA group is currently a closed group. The administrator will approve you based on your membership standings of ALPHA or our national affiliate the American Public Health Association.
We need your voice!